Frequently Asked Questions
- We prefer to be contacted by email from our Contact Page so your issue can be properly routed and handled quickly. Our Contact Page also lists other contact means if email is not an appropriate option for you or your issue.
- The Deck Store does have a showroom in Apple Valley, MN. Many of the items we sell online are available for Store Pickup. Choose that option when checking out & we will email or call when your order is ready. Items that are shipped direct from Manufactures or Distributors are not available for Store Pickup. You may visit us at our showroom for friendly and helpful local advice anytime! Please view our Contact Page for hours and location.
- Please Contact Us by email as quickly as possible and ensure you reference both order numbers. We will place the newest of the orders you reference on hold while we attempt to confirm with you at the contact information provided during the order process. If we are unable to contact you at the provided contact information within 24 hours, the order will be released for processing and shipment.
- All orders placed are final. Please place another order with the item you missed. If the orders are placed at nearly the same time, it is still very likely they will arrive to you on the same day. If the shipping on original order was free or discounted we may be able to provide a promotion code to waive additional shipping on qualified items.
- If the order has already been submitted you will have to Contact Us by phone or email before it ships to amend any items it contained. If the order has already shipped, you are responsible for shipment of any unwanted items back to thedeckstoreonline.com. Any such returns will be subject to our Refund Policy.
For all other questions, or for general inquiries or suggestions for our team, please feel free to Contact Us.
TheDeckStoreOnline.Com - Order Terms and Conditions
Effective Date: March 24, 2015.
Note: When placing an order from thedeckstoreonline.com you will be prompted to agree to these terms and conditions before checking out. They are provided here for reference only.Company Address: The Deck Store Online
Our Physical Address is:
6900 151st Street West Suite 100
Apple Valley, MN 55124
We can be reached via e-mail from our Contact Page or you can reach us by telephone at (952)-432-2311 or (877)-432-2311 (toll free).
- Shipping and Delivery (All delivery times approximate)
- Ground 1-3 days to the Midwest - (4-10 Days to Alaska, Hawaii, & Puerto Rico)
- Ground 3-4 days to the East Coast, Except Southern Florida
- Ground 4-5 days to Florida and the West Coast
- Next Day Air - Ships the Same day on orders received by 1PM CST (Alaska, Hawaii, & Puerto Rico add a day)
- Second Day Air - 2 business days + 24 business hours to process the order. - (Alaska, Hawaii, & Puerto Rico add a day)
- Priority Mail - If it fits it ships is now valid for Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico & Outlying Islands and Territories Only. Applies only to select items.
- LTL Freight Shipping is an option for decking and some railing products ranging in weight from 150 to 15,000 pounds (Alaska, Hawaii, & Puerto Rico not available)
- Canadian Shipping varies by provider, but is typical to US coastal regions.
- Free Shipping Over Set Amounts (See Free Shipping Tag in the Item $49, $99, $199, Etc.)
- Can be any combination of items tagged "Free Ship". Other items not tagged will be charged normal shipping.
- If the order was sent with a Free Shipping Discount, the original shipping charges will be DEDUCTED from any refund.
- Some items that ship from multiple warehouses WILL NOT combine for free shipping.
- Alaska, Hawaii and Canada are not included in most Free Shipping Promotions. Exception - Ship to Border Agreements may Qualify for Free Ship Promotions.
- In Store Pick-Up is available on most items. Simply select that option when checking out and you will be notified by email or phone when your order is ready. Items that ship direct from the manufacturer do not qualify.
- Most Items Ship FedEx or UPS however we may also use SpeeDee, Priority Mail, and USPS First Class.
- Large Items such as decking and railing kits may be shipped by Specialty LTL Carriers.
- Note: Custom Orders can take additional days to process.
- HI,AK,AA,PR Customers - We have Priority Mail Available for your purchases - "If it Fits it Ships" This option does not apply to all products.
- Canadian Customers are currently being served by Ship to Border agreements. Direct shipments into Canada are limited due to duty and tax cost.
In all cases, TheDeckStoreOnline.com strives to ensure timely delivery of products ordered online. However, due to variables outside of TheDeckStoreOnline.com's control, delivery times are not guaranteed. Please allow the full time stated above for your product's arrival before contacting us regarding missing products.
We are committed to your satisfaction. If there are any problems with your order, the customer service, shipping, or even if you just aren't happy with your item, please call us at (952) 423-2311, or email us at info@TheDeckStore.com. We will do everything we can to make sure everything is perfect for you!
Most items supplied from The Deck Store Online qualify for a full refund with No Restocking Fees through our PSG Program. Qualifying items will have the Product Satisfaction Guarantee label on the item page. Whether you ordered the wrong amount or just not satisfied, you can return all non-special order, PSG Program items. Original Shipping is non-refundable, and Return Shipping is the customer's responsibility, except in the event the item is damaged or mis-shipped. All PSG Program returns require a RGA (Returned Goods Authorization) number, which can be obtained by calling (952) 423-2311, or emailing info@TheDeckStore.com.
PSG Return Policy
There are times when you may order an item and then find out it wasn't exactly what you wanted. We get that some items don't look the way you thought they would, so we've tried to make returning them simple. The Product Satisfaction Guarantee return policy applies only to items with the Product Satisfaction Guarantee label on the item page. PSG Program items can be returned with a RGA number:
- Within 90 days of purchase: Product qualifies for a full refund or equal exchange.
- Between 91-179 days of purchase: Product qualifies for store credit.
- 180 days after purchase: We are unable to accept returns or issue credits.
Refund, Return, and Replacement Policy
For all non-PSG items: You must contact customer service within 30 days of receiving the product to obtain an RGA (Returned Goods Authorization) number. After an RGA is issued, your RGA number is valid for 14 calendar days. Any product shipped back to us without a valid RGA number may be refused. Returned product(s) MUST be in its original packing and never installed. Once inspected and approved, a refund will be issued by the same means of purchase. Refunds are calculated by the total amount paid for the product on your original invoice minus original shipping on Free Ship Items. Once product has been inspected and deemed returnable you will be credited. A minimum of 10% or $5 whichever is greater applies to non-PSG returns.
If you are making an exchange, TheDeckStoreOnline.com in most cases will attempt to waive the restocking fee. The customer in this case may be responsible for the shipping charges if the product was a free ship item, that is the fee TheDeckStoreOnline.com incurred originally to ship this item(s) and pays to ship these items back to TheDeckStoreOnline.com. An RGA is still required and can be obtained by contacting a customer service representative.
- Some items may be shipped directly from a manufacturer's or distributor's warehouse, and returned products may be required to be returned to the originating warehouse for credit.
- Product may be returned in person, to the originating warehouse or store location to save on return shipping costs. Ask us first please.
- Any refund or credit for exchange will be based on the value of the merchandise at the time of purchase.
- If the order was purchased with a Free Shipping Discount, the original shipping charges will be deducted from any refund we apply.
- Return shipping costs are the customer's responsibility unless the merchandise is being returned due to defect, or TheDeckStoreOnline.com incorrectly filled the order.
- Avoid rejected returns by verifying all the contents are in place, Don't write on product packaging, use original boxes to send back
Special Order Items CAN NOT BE RETURNED.
If a special order item is received and is defective, a replacement will be sent once the defective product is returned. For defective products, a return shipping label will be provided at no charge via e-mail. Prior to a return label being submitted, The Deck Store Online must have a customer's credit card on file. If the fixture is determined to be defective, a replacement will be shipped via Standard Ground service at no charge. If Expedited Shipping is requested, Expedited Shipping fees will be charged. If the returned fixture is found to be in working condition or the problem is found to be from defective batteries, all shipping charges will be charged to the credit card on file. Some Special Order Items may have extended lead times of 2-4 weeks.
- Custom Made Products, Example Fire Pits, Post Lights
- All Decking is non-returnable
- Any item that was installed, used, or missing parts
- Shipping costs on Free Ship items
- Special Order Items
Payment Options and Pricing Policy
- Discover Network
- American Express
Payments made online must be confirmed by your credit card holder before product is shipped to you. All prices for product ordered are final and non-refundable except under the terms of our Refund, Return, and Replacement Policy.
You may access all previous orders placed at TheDeckStoreOnline.com by logging into our website and navigating to the My Account section. If you are having trouble accessing orders online you may ask for a copy by sending us e-mail at the below address or calling us at the telephone number below.
General Order Information
With all orders, The DeckStoreOnline.com reserves the right to cancel and refund any payments made. In cases of limited stock or item entry errors, customers will be made aware and given comparable options.
Updating Account Information
It is our customers responsibility to keep their records updated to ensure the proper receipt of all products ordered or communication sent by TheDeckStoreOnline.com regarding important policy changes. You may manage your account information by logging into our website and navigating to the My Account section. If you are having trouble updating information, or wish to update or access information not available in the My Account area, you may do so by sending us e-mail at the below address or calling us at the telephone number below.