The Simpson CPTZ Concealed Post Base incorporates a knife plate with a standoff base. It achieves a clean, concealed look while providing a 1" standoff height above concrete. The CPTZ is installed with 1/2" diameter galvanized pins (supplied). The 1" standoff height is code-required when supporting permanent structures that are exposed to weather or water splash, or in basements. The standoff reduces the potential for decay at post or column ends.
The anchorage for the CPTZ can be either cast-in-place or retrofit with adhesive or mechanical anchors. See Anchoring and Fastening Systems for Concrete and Masonry for additional information concerning retrofit solutions. This solution has been tested to determine capacity per the requirements of ICC-ES acceptance criteria AC399. Made of 10 gauge steel with ZMAX finish.
- Use all specified fasteners.
- Use knife blade portion of CPTZ as a template to mark pin/bolt locations on post
- Drill 1/2" diameter holes perpendicular to post at marked locations
- Cut a 3/16" wide slot in the end of the post. Cut slot on face adjacent to the one with the holes. If using a circular saw cut the slot roughly 6 1/2" up the post. Test that the knife blade slides freely in the slot.
- Install the knife blade portion of the connector on the anchor bolts and then place the supplied washers over top of the connector's tabs and on the anchor bolt. Use nuts to attach the knife blade and washers to the anchors.
- The Designer must specify anchor bolt type, length and embedment.
- Slide the stand off base on to the knife blade assembly
- Stand the post on the knife blade and drive in the pins supplied with the connector.
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non top-supported installations (such as fences or un-braced carports).
|Search by Manufacturer||Simpson Strong Tie|
|Dimensions||4x4(3.5") and 6x6(5.5") Standard Wood Post|
More About our Products
More reasons to buy this product, and the tools to help you do more
Deck Perks Loyalty Program earn points for tagging this item, Writing a review, sharing the link and of coarse making a purchase.
Get Something Free Many products offer free or discounted items with purchase of a related item
Calculators Use the tools below to calculate the number of balusters need to fill your rail, cut your stairs, and more