Why Use Deck2Wall Spacers?
Attaching ledger boards directly to the house is a big cause of dry rot, on the siding & the framing. Moisture gets trapped between the house & the ledger, & that's when the fun starts. Over time the ledger board fails, possibly causing the entire deck to collapse. Using a bunch of washers stacked on top of each other then screwed to the ledger board was one way builders created spacing. But you know, working with a pile of washers...
Deck2Wall Spacers were designed to replace those stacks of loose washers. Easier to install, D2W Spacers eliminate the need to cut siding in some situations & can be used with flashing in other situations, & when used on free standing decks, provide additional lateral strength.
- Cut ledger to length and lay out joists.
- Temporarily attach the ledger in its desired location.
- Drill holes as specified by your designer. Avoid joist locations or vertical grooves in siding if applicable.
- Remove ledger, center Deck2Wall Spacers™ over bolt holes and attach with corrosion-resistant screws or nails to the building side of the ledger.
- At the house, apply silicone sealant in and around the bolt hole to prevent moisture intrusion.
- Position ledger into proper alignment on building and secure with appropriate fasteners.
||Deck2Wall Spacers Are Sold Individually
||Screw Products Inc
||2 1/2" Diameter x 5/8" or 2" Diameter x 1/2"