RSS™ screws which are 3"1/8 and longer have a six threaded CEE thread that enlarges the screw hole for the non-threaded portion of the fastener, allowing the wood to settle easily and increasing the screw’s drawing strength. The CEE thread also reduces the likelihood of splitting the wood and the friction on the screw shank which can result in lowering the driving torque.
The round head with built-in shield (washer type head) has no sharp edges such as on conventional lag screws. The added shoulder (nominal diameter) underneath the washer has the ability to center the RSS™ screw in pre-drilled hardware like hinges and connector plates. Short lengths of the RSS™ may also be used to install wire diamond mesh for stucco buildings.
- The RSS™ screw is the only lag screw replacement of its kind.
- W-Cut™ for low torque installation, fast driving and ease of install
- Zip-Tip™ allows for faster penetration
- Unique thread design draws two substrates together while washer head allows zero gap joints
- Climatek™ coated screws provide corrosion resistance in pressure treated wood with corrosive ground contact
- ESR-2442 approved for structural applications
- The #30 Star Drive will deliver approximately 650 lbf of energy, eliminating the need to drill a pilot hole.
- RSS™ Screws #10 & #1/4 take a T-25 bit.
- RSS™ Screws #5/16 & #3/8 take a T-30 bit.
||GRK RSS Rugged Structural Screws varies by selection